Kiru Wellness Clinic: Practicum Program
**Now accepting applicants for September 2023!**
Thank you for your interest in joining the Kiru Wellness Clinic Team!
We are proud to announce that we’re Canada's leading virtual clinic for Individual, Couple and Family Therapy.
In fact, we are trained and equipped to provide services solely in a virtual setting.
Our mission here at Kiru Wellness is to disrupt the current delivery of mental health care by making it widely accessible and exceedingly practical.
Operating as a virtual practice helps us make this mission a reality.
We help our clients build confidence and connection in every area of their and we are so passionate about this work!
Please check out this short video (less than 90 seconds) from our Founder, Shyamala Kiru, to learn more about our unique method of care here at Kiru Wellness.
Ready To Apply?
If you are ready to move forward and enter our application process, we will need the following 5 items:
1. A current PDF of your resume + covering letter. Please keep your covering letter concise (1/2 page) so we have a clear understanding of your unique training and experience.
2. A short, blog style, article outlining your favourite therapeutic modality. Please include 3 tips on how a client might use this particular modality to build confidence. The submission should be less than 1 page.
3. A short video telling us why you want to become a therapist. The video should be no longer than 2 minutes. It will be up to you to choose software to record and submit your video. Please ensure that the format you choose does not require a login or password for us to access the file. Please do not read from a script, we want to see your natural ability to connect via video.
4. Complete The Big Five personality test and share your results (https://www.123test.com/personality-test/)
Please submit all 4 responses in a SINGLE email to firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Finally, please complete your application by filling out this quick form to tell us your preferred placement start date (January, May, and/or September), as well as confirming your understanding of the terms to placement with Kiru Wellness Clinic.
People of any race, culture, religion, age, sexual orientation, and gender are encouraged to apply. We are proud to offer a safe and inclusive workspace and continue the work to create more diversity in the field of mental health.
Finally, please note that only candidates that will move ahead in the process will be contacted.
We kindly ask that you refrain from emailing us to follow up on the status of your application.
If you do not hear back from us, we thank you for your time in submitting an application and wish you all the best!
-- Kiru Wellness Clinic Team