Kiru Wellness Clinic: Practicum Program
Thank you for your interest in joining the Kiru Wellness Clinic Team!
We are pretty stoked about being Canada's leading virtual clinic for Individual, Couple and Family Therapy.
In fact, we are trained and equipped to provide services completely virtually at the moment in response to current health and safety recommendations.
Helping people build confidence and connection in every area of their life is our jam.
Please check out this short video (less than 90 seconds) from our Clinic Director, Shyamala Kiru, to learn more about our unique method of care!
If you are ready to move forward and enter our application process, we will need the following 5 items:
1. A current PDF of your resume + covering letter. Please keep your covering letter concise (1/2 page) so we have a clear understanding of your unique training and experience.
2. A short, blog style, article outlining your favourite therapeutic modality. Please include 3 tips on how a client might use this particular modality to build confidence. The submission should be less than 1 page.
3. A short video telling us why you want to become a therapist. The video should be no longer than 2 minutes. It will be up to you to choose software to record and submit your video. Please ensure that the format you choose does not require a login or password for us to access the file.
4. Complete the DISC personality test and share your results (https://www.123test.com/personality-test/)
5. Finally, a trivia question 🙂 What is our mission as a clinic? HINT: head over to www.kiruwellness.com to find out. Read carefully as many applicants get this question incorrect.
Please submit all 5 items in a SINGLE email to email@example.com
Finally, please note that only candidates that will move ahead in the process will be contacted. We kindly ask that you refrain from emailing us to follow up on the status of your application.
If you do not hear back from us, we thank you for your time in submitting an application and wish you all the best!
Shyamala Kiru, D.Min, R.P., R.M.F.T.
Clinic Director & Strategist